Creative Homescapes - Ask The Expert
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
March 01, 2013 - May 26, 2013
1. TO ENTER the Creative Homescapes - Ask The Expert contest (the “Contest”) simply visit the web site located at www.windsor.ctvnews.ca, click on the Contest page, complete and submit your entry by following the instructions found on the Contest page. In the event of a dispute, entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries must include your first and last name, address, email address, age, ten digit day time and evening telephone number and a question, in English, that you would like to ask Creative Homescapes about any of the products or services they offer, such as decks, fences, and landscaping (maximum 50 words (each a “Question”). Your Question must comply with these Rules, including the Question Guidelines provided below. Limit of one (1) entry per individual. Contest starts at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on Friday, March 01, 2013 and closes on Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). There are three (3) prizes (collectively the "Prizes" and each, a "Prize") to be won at the beginning of the Contest Period. Limit of one (1) Prize per household. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. The Contest sponsor is Bell Media Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”).
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be: (i) a legal resident of Ontario residing in either the 519 or 226 area codes; and, (ii) eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. A winner of a previous Bell Media contest within the three (3) months preceding the start of this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with a winner are not eligible to enter.
4. Prizes - There are three (3) Prizes each consisting of one (1) fifty dollar ($50 CAD) gift card redeemable for in-store merchandise at Creative Homescapes in Windsor, Ontario, subject to the terms and conditions printed on the gift card.
5. The Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The Prizes may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prizes in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prizes are unavailable. Each Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
6. On each of the following dates: April 1; April 29; and, May 27, 2013, at approximately 9:00 a.m. ET at CTV-London, London, Ontario, an impartial panel of judges (the "Judges") will review all eligible entries received up to that point and will assign a score to each entry on the basis of the following equally-weighed criteria: (i) creativity; (ii) originality; and, (iii) relevancy to the products/services of Creative Homescapes. After each judging, the entrant who has been assigned the highest score will be selected as a potential Prize winner. In the event of a tie, the entrant who scored highest on the third criteria outlined above will be determined to have the highest score. Afterwards, a representative from Creative Homescapes will answer the selected Prize winner’s Question and both the Question and answer will be posted on windsor.ctvnews.ca.
The Contest Sponsor, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact each potential Prize winner by telephone within two (2) business days after the applicable judging date. In the event that a potential winner cannot be contacted within 2 business days after the applicable judging date, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received up to point of the applicable judging and conformity with judging criteria. All criteria will be weighed equally. In order to be declared a Prize winner, each potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc.. Before being awarded a Prize, each potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify potential winner, and select an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected, but in any event, no later then Friday, May 31, 2013.
7. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
Question Guidelines: Your Question must be unique and original and must not include any unauthorized third party proprietary content, including trade-marks or copyrighted content. Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant who uses any unauthorized third party proprietary content. Contest Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to edit any Question remove any third party trade-marks or to remove any copyrighted content. Questions must not include any illegal, defamatory or in any way obscene content. Entries remain the property of the entrant. However, by entering this Contest, each entrant: (i) represents that his/her Question is her or her original work and does not infringe on any third party’s copyright, trade-mark or other intellectual property rights; (ii) that he/she has all necessary rights from any third party that is mentioned in the Question, including those from the parent or legal guardian if third party is under the age of majority; (iii) grants the Contest Sponsor, an unlimited, royalty free, irrevocable, right and license to reproduce, post and/or broadcast the Question in any form of media now known or hereinafter developed, including, without limitation posting the Question on the windsor.ctvnews.ca website, as contemplated herein; (iv) waives all moral rights in his/her Question in favour of the Contest Sponsor; (v) agrees to release, indemnify, discharge and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives from any claim or liability arising from or related to the Question, participation in this Contest, and/or acceptance and or use of any Prize awarded; and, (vi) consents to the publication and/or use, in any medium of the entrant’s entry, name, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes carried out by the Contest Sponsor or its advertising and promotional agencies without payment or compensation of any kind. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, and for greater certainty, Questions may be showcased by Contest Sponsor on a public viewing gallery, including the windsor.ctvnews.ca website, as contemplated herein. Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any claims against infringement of the right of privacy with respect to any Question submitted.
8. Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting names of the Prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials-data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site.
9. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his or her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Contest Sponsor for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this Contest. Contest Sponsor will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Sponsor should be addressed to Bell Media Inc. at 1 Communications Road, London, ON, N6J 4Z1.
10. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
11. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
LEGALS for the Creative Homescapes - Ask The Expert Contest
No purchase necessary. Some restrictions apply. Contest starts at 9:00 a.m. ET on Friday, March 01, 2013 and closes on Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. Complete contest rules and regulations and entry available at www.windsor.ctvnews.ca. Open to legal residents of Ontario residing in either the 519 or 226 area codes who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Must correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill testing question to be declared a Prize winner. Approximate retail value of each of the three (3) Prizes is Fifty Dollars ($50.00 CAD). The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received up to the point of the applicable judging and conformity with the following equally-weighted judging criteria: (i) creativity; (ii) originality; and, (iii) relevancy to the products/services of Creative Homescapes.