1. TO ENTER the Pick the Top 4! contest (the “Contest”) simply visit the web site located at www.london.ctvnews.ca or www.kitchener.ctvnews.ca, click on the Contest page, complete and submit your entry by following the instructions found on the site. All entries must include your first and last name, address, email address, age and ten digit daytime and evening telephone number and the names of the four (4) teams (2 men and 2 women) (collectively, the “Teams”) that the Curing Expert has pre-selected as further described below. Prior to September 5, 2013, the names of the Teams that are competing in the Road to the Roar Curling Championship in Kitchener, Ontario from November 5 – 10, 2013, will be pre-selected by an anonymous Curling Expert based on which Teams the Curling Expert believes will win the Road to the Roar Championship in order to advance to the Olympic Trials for the 2014 Olympics to represent Canada. You can view the complete list of all the participating teams at http://www.curling.ca/2013roadtotheroar-en/. Limit of one (1) entry per individual. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once, all your entries will be void. In the event of a dispute, entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Contest starts at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on Friday, September 6, 2013 and closes on Sunday, September 22, 2013 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). There are two (2) prizes (collectively the "Prizes" and each, a "Prize") to be won. Limit of one Prize per household. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. The contest sponsor is Bell Media Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”).
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Ontario and be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. A winner of a Bell Media Inc. contest within the three (3) months preceding the start of this contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with a winner are not eligible to enter.
4. Prizes - There are two (2) Prizes each consisting of two (2) Old Classic Ticket Packages to attend the Road to the Roar Curling Tournament taking place at the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium Complex in Kitchener, Ontario, November 5 - 10, 2013. Each Prize includes two (2) seats to attend all eighteen (18) draws during the tournament. Seat selection is at the sole discretion of the Canadian Curling Association. Approximate retail value of each Prize is Three Hundred and Thirty-Eight Dollars ($338.00) Cdn.
5. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The Prizes may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prizes in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prizes is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
6. On or after Monday, September 23, 2013 at approximately 9:00 a.m. ET, a random draw for the Prizes will take place at CTV-London, London, Ontario from among all eligible entries received that have correctly guessed all 4 Teams. The first two entries drawn will be eligible to win a Prize. In the event none of the entries have correctly guessed all 4 Teams, a random draw from among all eligible entries received that have correctly guessed 3 of the Teams will take place. The first two entries drawn will be eligible to win a Prize. In the event none of the entries have correctly guessed 3 of the Teams, a random draw from among all eligible entries received that have correctly guessed 2 of the Teams will take place. The first two entries drawn will be eligible to win a Prize. In the event none of the entries have correctly guessed 2 of the Teams, a random draw from among all eligible entries received that have correctly guessed the name of 1 Team will take place. The first two entries drawn will be eligible to win a Prize. In the event none of the eligible entries received have correctly guessed any of the 4 Teams, a random draw among all eligible entries received from the Contest will take place. The first two entries drawn will be eligible to win a Prize. The odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
Bell Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact each potential winner by telephone within two (2) business days after the draw. In the event the potential winner cannot be contacted within 2 business days after the draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be drawn. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded a Prize, potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of all potential winners shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until all qualified winners have been duly selected, but in any event, no later than Friday, September 27, 2013.
7. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
8. All entries become property of Contest Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting names of prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials-data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion, further reserves its right to terminate the on-line portion, as applicable, of the Contest and conduct the drawing from all on-line entries and all other entries (as applicable) previously received during the Contest Period. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site, where applicable.
9. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his or her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Contest Sponsor for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this Contest. Contest Sponsor will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Sponsor should be addressed to Bell Media Inc. at 1 Communications Road, London, ON, N6J 4Z1.
10. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
11. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
LEGALS for the Pick the Top 4! Contest
- Super: No purchase necessary. Contest starts at 9:00 a.m. ET on Friday, September 6, 2013 and closes on Sunday, September 22, 2013 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. Complete contest rules and regulations available at www.london.ctvnews.ca and www.kitchener.ctvnews.ca. Open to legal residents of Ontario eighteen (18) years of age or older. Must correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill testing question to be declared a winner. Approximate retail value of each of the two (2) Prizes is Three Hundred Thirty-Eight Dollars ($338.00) Cdn. The odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.